Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Pregnancy










           Looking at these pictures is bringing back all the memories from my pregnancy. I remember finding out that I was pregnant and feeling so light headed and excited and overwhelmed. Phil was just so calm and happy. I had wanted a November baby but was so surprised that it worked out that way. When my mom told me that she had been due with me on November 18th I thought it was a funny coincidence. I kept it a secret through my last semester of college. It was hard not to tell my classmates. It was also fun though, keeping it as our little secret. I immediately started reading everything I could about pregnancy and delivery. I went to the University's library and checked out a stack of books only to be asked "Are you pregnant?" Oh my gosh. I'd never been asked that. Eek. "No, just doing research." I promptly ran into my cousin's wife who I fretted had seen the book titles and knew.
          I loved being pregnant. It made me feel beautiful and special. It was so exciting planning for our little girl and imagining what she would look like. It was hard sometimes too, like going to work when my back hurt. One Sunday I woke up and could not find a thing to wear to church. Needless to say it was depressing and we were late. I gained too much (40 pounds) and it shows in the pictures. I didn't beat myself up about it though and I don't feel like I need to explain myself. After Lola was born I wasn't sure if I would be able to lose the extra weight. I always had the idea that pregnancy gave you hidden pounds that just never went away. I knew that even if that were the case she was totally worth it. I've lost it all plus some, although the stretch marks may never completely fade and my stomach isn't quite the same. But you know what? I have a deeper respect for my body now. It knew exactly what it was doing before I read all those books to find out what was going on in there. And she turned out to be the most perfect little baby. I'm so grateful that I was able to experience carrying and delivering her. Both were extremely incredible experiences that I will remember forever. I can just imagine years from now on our birthday I will be telling Lola all about it.


Pictures were taken by my talented sister Kate Hill. Thank you thank you thank you!

1 comment:

  1. K I think and thought you looked amazing pregnant! You didn't look at all like you had gained 40 lbs. I thought you were the cutest pregnant girl ever and I was so jealous you could just put your hair up and look so cute. It's funny to hear how other people feel and realize that we all kinda feel the same way....huge and worried!! haha

    ReplyDelete