Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dear Lola- 8 Months


Dear Lola,

This month you have been one happy baby. You learned how to stand up to things all on your own. This has resulted in a lot of head bonks, but you are getting better at landing gracefully on your bum. You crawl with (almost) lightning speed to the bathroom and stand up to the toilet- so funny. Before you could stand you were always crawling on to the bathroom scale. Please don't obsess too much about you weight. Believe me, 20.5 pounds is nothing. :) You are so cute during bath time. You splash and crawl and chew on your sea creature bath toys just as happy as can be. You've also discovered how to unroll and eat the toilet paper so it's probably safe to say that the bathroom is your favorite room right now. You surprised me a few Sundays ago by climbing the stairs at Grandma and Grandpa Hill's. You can climb the whole staircase now which is crazy since you don't really have any to practice on at home. You still love to nurse about six times a day and eat three solid meals. You've gotten pretty adventurous eating finger foods. The other day we had tacos and you ate corn tortilla pieces and shredded pork right along with us. You aren't nearly as excited when you see me with a spoon. I think your love affair with bananas is just beginning. Still no top teeth but I can tell they will be here soon. At night you sleep from about 9 PM to 7 AM and then take three naps during the day. Sometimes you get up once in the night. I realized early on in your life that I could feel resentful about this, or just enjoy a quick cuddle with you. Mostly I don't mind. Dad taught you to turn on the light by pulling the cord on the ceiling fan. If I carry you across the room you raise your arms trying to get to it. You've been "talking" for a few months now, saying dadada and such. It's too cute. It's been fun taking you swimming and fishing this summer and let's face it, nothing is cuter than you in a swimsuit. I painted our toenails matching red for the 4th of July. Thanks for being my cuddle bug. 

Love always,
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment