Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Dear Lola- 9 Months



Dear Lola,

I'm sitting here thinking about how you've been out longer than you were in. It feels like forever ago that I was pregnant and it seems impossible that you ever fit in my tummy. The little faded lines on my skin remind me that you did, but that it was a stretch :)Your stats are: weight- 19 pounds 9 ounces (64%) height- 29 inches (91%) and head- 18 inches. You are so tall! You've been cruising along furniture all month long.You are tall enough to reach the oven handle and the bathroom counter. Sometimes you stand on dad's side of the table and hold on while peeking over to see me while we eat. I can't believe you will be walking in the next few months. You've always been one to enjoy a good cuddle, but it melts my heart that now when you are sitting in my lap facing me you will turn your head to the side and lean into my chest. A few of your favorite new noises are to stick out your tongue and blow and to smack your lips. Your top two teeth came in last month. Now you have a seriously toothy grin and a good bite to go with it. Everyone, watch your fingers! We went raspberry picking the other night. Picking raspberries with you was like picking carrots with a bunny. You wanted to eat them all. You are getting into everything and get upset when you don't get to play with something you want like knives out of the dishwasher and dog food (eww.) You sit near me while I do the dishes and play with pots and pans and tupperware. This year has gone by so fast. It makes me sad that soon you won't be my little baby. Someday when you read these letters I hope you get a glimpse of just how much we loved you from the start.

Love always,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment