Where Nevada meets California you'll find this glorious sign. And you'll rejoice!
After a long couple of days of packing and a long couple of days of driving, we arrived in Visalia. Hallelujah! Memorable moments from the trip:
- A traffic jam to get into Nevada? Huh? (Road construction.)
- Gas station bathrooms in Nevada= gross. But bathrooms aside don't drive through Nevada unless it's absolutely necessary. Seriously. It's just sagebrush and Casinos.
- Camping in Winnemucca, Nevada on the dirt between the sage brush. The mosquitoes were insane!
- Entering California. All of a sudden there were lots of trees and sunshine and oranges! And the road construction stopped. And the bathrooms got clean, and the birds started singing! (Ok, I might be exaggerating, but not by much.)
- Grapes! And tons of other things growing on trees and vines.
- The HUGE Philly cheese steak and Chicken fried steak we ate to celebrate our arrival in Visalia. Mmm.
All in all a good trip. A big thanks goes to my husband for beforehand fixing everything on our car he thought might possibly break- our 4Runner did great pulling our heavily loaded trailer. AND he drove way more then I did. Love you Phil!
Stay tuned for more.